Farewells at Work and at Home

The week before I left for vacation was my last week of work at the WIC office, or at least for the time being.  My coworkers decided to take me out for a lovely lunch at a place called The Cake House.

Lots of cakes:
DSC04687

DSC04688

DSC04689

DSC04690

DSC04691
They also sell some meals and uncake related foods.

Two of my coworkers ordered the chicken pasta meal.
DSC04692
It came with the pasta (featured above), this salad, and a beverage, plus dessert.
DSC04693
My other coworker ordered the seafood pasta, which is also what I tried out.  It was really good.
DSC04694
The dessert is the dessert of the day, and it's a surprise.  I am happy to say that this was a very nice surprise.  Yum!
DSC04695
During that time, Ryan ended up going to Hawaii, but only for a short time (the thing he went for was cancelled right when he got there).  Don't worry, it was long enough to find all of these Kit Kat flavors for us to try.  Kit Kat is huge in Japan.

This is a black honey (sugary syrup) flavor.  It really tasted like pancake syrup.
DSC04696
This is green tea and cherry blossom.
DSC04697
Strawberry
DSC04698
He also picked these up while in Hawaii, but the Kit Kats are all from Japan.
DSC04699
Orange.
DSC04700
Wasabi (yes, they are a bit spicy).
DSC04701
Strawberry cheese cake.
DSC04702
Almond Jelly
DSC04703
Blueberry cheesecake.
DSC04704
The night before I left, Ryan took me out to dinner at a place near the base.
DSC04717
The table set up was really cute.
DSC04708
We started with edamame.
DSC04710
We also ordered tomatoes and mozzarella, but when it came there was bacon on it.  Ryan ate this one, and I ordered one without the bacon.
DSC04711
Ryan ordered the bibimbap, which is a traditional Korean dish.  
DSC04714
I went with the salmon.
DSC04716
There were quite a few smokers in the place, and so we decided to head across the street for some dessert.  It's hard to see, but the sign is so funny (in a cute way).  It says "yes we're welcome".
DSC04718
They only had one option for dessert, which was the dessert of the day.  Boy were we happy when this beautiful dessert showed up.
DSC04719

That's it for everything leading up to my time away from home.

QUESTIONS:  Have you ever had bibimbap?  What's your favorite place to get dessert (other than at home)?  Did you know there were this many Kit Kat flavors?

1 comment:

EA-The Spicy RD said...

Wow-I had no idea there were so many flavors of Kit Kat! Looks like you had a great lunch with your co-workers. I'm definitely looking forward to reading about your travels. Have fun!!

Post a Comment