Oodley Noodley Goodness

Before I get into my noodle creation, I have a few pictures of other tasty meal combos.  The other night I wanted a bagel and cream cheese for dinner, btu I wanted to add a little something to it.  I added some surimi on the bagel andwich and made a side of eggs for some extra protein.  Then I got really funky, and grabbed a pickle too.  Must have been craving some salt!
One night this week I was feeling like I wanted to recreate some cold stone creamery action in my house.  I used some Dryer's (or Edy's depending where you live) yogurt blends vanilla and tossed in some Crazy Richard's chunky PB.  Topped it off with some chocolate chips and then mashed it all up.  It was so good, but I must confess, some went to waste, as my eyes were much bigger than my stomach.

Now, here is my noodle adventure from yesterday afternoon.  I spotted these soba noodles a while back at the commissary and I noticed the picture on the front where it looked like a shrimp soup.  I grabbed as many of the items that I saw in the picture, well as many as I could find and then I improvised with the broccoli in place of the snap peas.  So, I had the noodles, veggie broth, frozen shrimp, canned mushrooms and frozen broccoli.  Yes, you can use "fresh" too, but I was not sure when I would make this, and I think that the canned mushrooms do really well in soup.  Plus, it took no time at all to make this.

I did the 2 cans broth first and added 2 cans water to make it less sodium per serving, plus some was going to evaporate out anyway.  Then I added the shrimp since they were frozen, after 2 minutes, I added the broccoli as this was frozen too.  Then in went the mushrooms.  I did the noodles last because the label saiud it would only take 2 minutes for those to cook.
There it is, my soba noodle shrimp ramen soup. 
Boy was this good and filling.  Even better, I now have lunch for the rest of the week.
Oh, and if you haven't entered my Krema PB GIVEAWAY yet, Click here.

QUESTION:  If you could make your own marble slab mix in ice cream at home, what would you create?

13 comments:

Beth said...

Melinda, do you have an ice cream maker? The ice cream the maker produces is soft, just like the stuff they have at Cold Stone. So you let the ice cream maker do it's thing, then take the soft ice cream and add mix ins! You can let the machine do it, or it's fun to do by hand too!

The soup looks delish!

Unknown said...

i really like mint cookies and cream...i think B+J's makes it actually...

oh we made sausage this weekend w/ the help of your gift (oh the irony)...need to upload the pics!

MelissaNibbles said...

I like your soup creation! Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

This soup looks great! I might have to recreate it at home. I have soba noodles, broth, and canned mushrooms at home. Thanks!

I would definitely have pb in my ice cream creation! And I love anything chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Love that ramen dish Melinda! I would just add fresh jalapenos to kick up my broth! :D

I haven't been to Cold Stone in ages, but I loved chopped up toffee in mine!

FoodFitnessFreshair said...

Your version of ramen noodles looks so much better than the cheap store bought kind! I love mushrooms in soups and almost anything!

Special K said...

Something new everytime! I am partial right now to waffle cone, granola, and, popcorn (good! try it!)

Shannon said...

Ice cream! I don't think I have ever met a bowl I can't finish! My favorite is chocolate with peanutbutter or peanut butter cup in it. And if its in a chocolate dipped waffle cone....even better!

Orlando personal injury lawyer said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Oh the soup looks SO good-now I know what to make for dinner!!
As for my ice cream-it'll be mango ice cream with mango pieces and some almonds :) I just found some frozen Indian Mangoes at Trader Joe's and they were yum-so the next time i pick up some I'm going to make some ice cream with it.

sophia said...

Did you know I used to work at Cold Stone's Creamery? I developed quite a bit of muscles with all the work on the marble slab! BUt..I would create...a green tea ice cream with crushed black sesame seed brittle and sweetened condensed milk and adzuki beans :-)

Melissa said...

Love your attempt to recreate ColdStone. I love their Birthday Cake Remix! My favorite ice cream mix-ins are fresh fruit and graham cracker crumbles. Yum!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

I will admit, I HATE Coldstone. Their ice cream isn't even good, it's just the stuff they put in their ice cream that is good. IN my opinion I would rather make my own at home (like you did). It's cheaper anyway! Coldstone is expensive and not worth it.
I would put peanut butter and chocolate chips (yep, JUST like yours!), and make a Reece's ice cream!! Great minds think alike :) It's the best combination!

Post a Comment